Metabolism is the process when our body uses to get or make energy from the food. Food is made up of proteins, carbohydrates, minerals, vitamins and fats. Chemicals of digestive system of the body break the food parts down into sugars and amino acid. Our body can use this energy for body function or it can store in our body such as our liver, muscles, and body fat.
A metabolic disorder occurs when the metabolism process fails in some organs such as your liver, pancreas, thyroid gland or other organ involved in metabolism become diseased or do not function normally and causes the body to have either too much or too little of the essential substances needed to stay healthy.
Your doctor/Vaidya will first try to diagnose and treat the condition that is causing your metabolic disorders/diseases/symptom
- Increased sensitivity to cold
- Dry skin
- Unexplained weight gain
- Puffy face
- Muscle weakness
- Elevated blood cholesterol level
- Tenderness and stiffness of Muscle
- Pain, stiffness or swelling in joints
- Heavy or irregular menstrual periods
- Thinning hair
- Slowed heart rate
- Impaired memory
- Breathlessness on exertion
- Excessive sweating with bad odor
- Obesity is diagnosed when your body mass index (BMI) is 30 or higher. Your body mass index is calculated by dividing your weight in kilograms (kg) by your height in meters (m) squared.
- A visible swelling at the base of your neck.
- A tight feeling in throat
- Difficulty swallowing
- Difficulty breathing
Diabetes mellitus (Disorder of sugar)
- Weight loss or weight gain
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Blurred vision
- Excessive sweating
- Excessive thirst
- Excessive hunger
- Frequent urination in large quantity