Baidyanath Dashmularishta ( Special ) ( 450ml )
You Save 23 ( 10% )
Dashamoolarishta also spelled as Dasamoolarishtamis an ayurvedic liquid medicine used as health tonic and pain reliever. It contains 3 to 7% self-generating alcohol because it is prepared through the fermentation of herbs. It provides vitality and reduces weakness. It is also very beneficial for women disorders and helps women to keep optimum health. In women, it is commonly used after delivery for the prevention of postpartum problems including infectious diseases of uterus, bladder and kidneys, backache, fatigue, pain of perineal area, excess discharge, Postpartum depression, sluggish uterus, swollen breasts etc. It also provides strength to muscles, bones and ligaments and improves immunity. Due to this reason, it becomes famous for women in India and it becomes a common remedy for postpartum problems.
- Bilva (Bael) – Aegle marmelos – Root / stem bark
- Shyonaka (Oroxylum indicum) – Root / stem bark
- Gambhari (Gmelinaar borea) – Root / stem bark
- Patala (Stereospermum suaveolens) – Root / stem bark
- Agnimantha (Premna mucronata) – Root / stem bark
- Shalaparni (Desmodium gangeticum) – Root / whole plant
- Prishnaparni (Uraria picta) – Root / whole plant
- Brihati (Solanum indicum) – Root / whole plant
- Kantakari (Solanum xanthocarpum) – Root / whole plant
- Gokshura (Tribulus) – Tribulus terrestris– Root / whole plant
- Chitraka (Plumbago zeylanica) – Root
- Puskarmoola (Inula racemosa) – Root
- Lodhra (Symplocos racemosa) – Stem bark /root
- Giloy (Indian tinospora) – Stem
- Amla (Indian gooseberry) – Fruit
- Duralabha (Fagonia cretica) – Whole plant
- Khadira (Acacia catechu) – Heart wood
- Bijasara (Pterocarpus marsupium) – Heart wood
- Harad (Terminalia chebula) – Fruit
- Kushta (Saussurea lappa) – Root
- Manjishta (Rubiac ordifolia) – Root
- Devadaru (Cedrus deodara) – Heart wood
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) – Fruit
- Mulethi (licorice) – Root
- Bharngi (Clerodendrum serratum) – Root
- Kapittha (Feroniali monia) – Fruit powder
- Bibhitaka (Terminali abellirica) – Fruit
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) – Root
- Chavya (Piper retrofractum) – Stem
- Jatamansi (Nordostachys jatamansi) – Rhizome
- Priyangu (Callicarpama crophylla) – Flower
- Sariva (Hemidesmus indicus) – Root
- Krishna jeeraka (Carum carvi) – Fruit
- Trivrit (Operculina turpethum) – Root
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) – Seed
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) – Leaf
- Pippali (long pepper) – Fruit
- Puga (Betel nut) – Seed
- Shati (Hedychium spicatum) – Rhizome
- Haridra (Turmeric) – Rhizome
- Shatapushpa (Anethum sowa) – Fruit
- Padmaka (Prunus cerasoides) – Stem
- Nagakesara (Mesua ferrea) – Stamen
- Musta (Cyperus rotundus) – Rhizome
- Indrayava (Holarrhena antidysenterica) – Seeds
- Karkata shrungi (Pistacia integerrima) – Gall
- Jivaka (Malaxis acuminta) – Root
- Rishabhaka (Microstylis wallichii) – Root
- Meda (Polygonatum verticillatum) – Root
- Mahameda (Polygonatum cirrhifolium) – Root
- Kakoli (Roscoea procera)
- ksheer kakoli (Lilium polphyllum D.Don) – Root
- Rddhi (Habenaria edgeworthii H.f.)
- Vriddhi (Habenaria intermedia D.Don syn.) – Root
- Water for decoction
- Draksha (Raisins) – Dried fruit
- Guda (Jaggery)
- Dhataki (Woodfordia fruticosa) – Flower
- Kankola (Piper cubeba) – Fruit
- Netrabala (Coleus vettiveroides) – Root
- Swet Chandana (Santalum album) – Heart wood
- Jatiphala (Myristica fragrans) – Seed
- Lavanga (clove) – Flower bud
- Tvak (Cinnamon) – Stem bark
- Ela (Cardamom) – Seed
- Patra (Cinnamomum tamala) – Leaf
- Kataka Phala (Strychnos potatorum) – Seed
Dasamoolarishtam (Dashmularishta) is helpful in following health conditions.
- Dysmenorrhea (menstrual cramps)
- Recurrent miscarriage
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- Uterus sluggishness
- Perineal pain
- Swollen breasts
- For prevention of uterine infections and Postpartum complications
- Postpartum fatigue
- Postpartum appetite loss
- Postpartum depression (baby blues) along with Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri)
- Postpartum weakness
- Anemia after pregnancy
Brain & Nerves
- Muscle, Bones & Joints
- Low backache
- Rheumatoid arthritis
- Loss of appetite
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) – rarely used
Lungs & Airways
- Persistent cough (VATAJ KASH)
- Male infertility due to pus in seminal fluid.
Use of Dasamoolarishtam in Postpartum period
In ayurveda, Dasamoolarishtam is an important medicine used in the management of all postpartum complications. Its regular use after delivery has following benefits.
Loss of appetite
In most cases, loss of appetite and indigestion occur after delivery. Due to its digestive stimulant property, Dashmularishta improves appetite and helps treating indigestion in postpartum period.
Some women also suffer from fever, which can be low-grade and high grade. Dasamoolarishtam is beneficial in both types. In acute fever, Dashmularishta helps fighting off infectious microbes and decreases the intensity of symptoms such as restlessness, headache, discharges, pain, etc. Please note patient may require other medicines to fight off the infection. Nowadays, antibiotics are used. In ancient India, dasamoolarishtam and madhurantak vati, praval pishti were only available options.
Postpartum diarrhoea and IBS
However, it is very rare, but some women develop diarrhoea or IBS after delivery. In such condition, Dasamoolarishtam alone can help due to its mild astringent action.
Dasamoolarishtam contains some herbs, which provides vitality and improves physical strength. After a huge physical exhaustion during the delivery, it provides relief from pain, physical stress and supports joints, muscles and ligaments.
Low backache after delivery
Many women have low backache after delivery. In some cases, back stiffness is also associated. In such condition, Dasamoolarishtam along with Ashwagandha extract is more beneficial.
Dashmoolarishta also improves immunity due to presence of some immunomodulator herbs. If it is started immediately after delivery, it reduces about 90% health problems that may occur in postpartum period or thereafter.
According to ayurveda, recurrent miscarriage occurs due to inability of uterus to implant the embryo properly. It occurs due to weakness of uterine muscles. Many doctors and patients experience there is no visible or reportable cause of recurrent miscarriages in many women. All reports are normal. In such case, the above cause is most appropriate. In such case, the following combination with Dasamoolarishtam helps well.
The above formulation includes Ashwagandha Powder, which can increase weight in some women. It is very good for lean women. However, taking Ashwagandha is very important to cure recurrent miscarriage. If you already overweight, then you can decrease its quantity to 500 mg twice a day.
Physical debility due to chronic Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
However, Dasamoolarishtam is not a potent medicine for IBS, but it improves appetite, reduces bloating and provides strength to the body. Many patients with IBS experience weakness. In such condition, Dashmularishta is more beneficial.
Male infertility due to pus in seminal fluid
Men having pus in seminal fluid can take advantages from the Dasamoolarishtam. Triphala is another remedy of this condition. For more beneficial results, both one should use both together. In chronic and obstinate cases, Rajat Bhasma becomes essential. It is prepared from the silver metal.
Dasamoolarishtam is useful in cases of persistent cough in which dry cough attacks occur and it subsides after a few sputum expulsions. In ayurveda, this type of cough is called as VATAJ KASHA. In such condition, Dashmoolarishta should be given in dosage of 10 ml after every 2 hours until the cough subsides completely.
According to ayurveda, Osteoporosis occurs due to excess VATA and VATA aggravation in the bones. Dasamoolarishtam is drug of choice for VATA aggravation. Therefore, it is beneficial in Osteoporosis, but patient also require other medicines including Laxadi Guggulu and other calcium and mineral supplements.
12 – 24 ml. one or two times a day, usually advised after food.If needed, equal quantity of water can be added before consumption. Can also be taken in repeated doses.