About Khanjanikari Ras
Khanjanikari Ras is herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine. This medicine has alterative, stimulant and nervine properties. Khanjanikari Ras is prepared by taking equal part of Malla sindur, Rajat bhasma and Purified Vishamushti or Kuchala (Strychnos nux-vomica). Kuchala is nervice tonic and has central nervous system stimulating properties. This medicine is indicated in treatment of paralysis (pakshaghat), gout and many other vata vyadhis.
Ingredients of Khanjanikari Ras
- Kuchala – is used for the treatment of Impotence, Muscle weakness, Asthma, Constipation, Malarial fever, Appetite loss and other conditions.
- Malla Sindur – Malla Sindoor is useful in Vata and Kapha diseases. It is a useful medicine for treating diseases due to bacteria, virus etc. and given for treating Haija/Cholera, Malaria, Syphilis.This medicine is also given for Sujak. Malla Sindoor gives good result in treatment of Vata diseases, Pakshaghata (Hemiplegia), Amavat Rheumatism, Gout and Kapha diseases, Pneumonia, Respiratory illness.
- Raupya Bhasma – Raupya Bhasma or Rajat Bhasama is an Ayurvedic metallic preparation of Raupya or Silver. Silver is commonly known as chandi and rajat. Raupya Bhasma is ash or oxide of silver and used in various diseases related to nervous system and brain weakness. It is also indicated in burning sensation in body, deranges vata and pitta, prameha, fever, debility, skin diseases etc. The appearance of Raupya Bhasma is greyish-black amorphous powder.
- Arjuna bark – Arjuna brings about the elimination of cholesterol by accelerating the turnover of LDL-cholesterol in the liver. It also lowers beta-lipoprotein lipids and the recovery of HDL components in hyperlipidaemic patients. Thus in normal terminology brings about the lowering of cholesterol levels. Acts as a cardiac stimulant strengthening the heart muscles and maintaining the normal heart functioning. Arjuna is beneficial in hypertension. Because of its hypolipidemic activity and also the diuretic property it acts against hypertension. Arjuna is also astringent & haemostatic in action. Has prostaglandin enhancing and coronary risk modulating properties. Is extremely beneficial in cardiac disorders as myocardial infraction, angina, coronary artery disease, heart failure, hypercholesterolemia, and hypertension.
Indications of Khanjanikari Ras
Khanjanikari Ras is combination of Malla sindoor, Kuchila and Rajat bhasma. This medicine is very hot in potency and indicated in treatment of
- Chronic paralysis, Facial paralysis
- Paraplegia (paralysis of the legs and lower body, typically caused by spinal injury or disease)
- Lathyrism (disease marked by tremors, muscular weakness, and paraplegia)
- Monoplegia (paralysis restricted to one limb or region of the body) Gout
- Sujak( natural home remedies for Gonorrhea), Neumonia
- Sannipat, Khanjadivaat (Lameness)
- Diseases due to deranged vata or Vata vyadhis
Dosage of Khanjanikari Ras
- Khanjanikari Ras should be taken with Dashmula Kwath or Cow’s milk in dose of 1 -2 tablets, in morning and evening.
Precautions of Kamdudha Ras
- This medicine should only be taken under strict medical supervision.
- Self medication with this medicine may prove to be dangerous.
- It is to be avoided in children and pregnant ladies.
- Make sure to select this medicine from a good company.
- Overdosage may cause side effects like tremors, dizziness etc.
- Make sure to take this medicine only in the prescribed dose and for the prescribed period of time.
- Keep out of reach and sight of children.
- Store in a dry cool place.
- The medicine contains heavy metals, it should betaken with precaution in patients of HTN, CKD and diabetes.