About Shilajitwadi Lauha
Shilajitwadi Lauh is a herbomineral metallic Ayurvedic medicine in tablet or powder form. It contains trikatu, Mulethi, Shilajita, and metallic Bhasma (Makshik and lauh). This medicine is referenced from Bhaishajyaratnavali, Rajayakshmrogadhikara. Rajyakshama is Ayurvedic term for tuberculosis.This medicine is most commonly used in north Indian Ayurvedic practice.
- It is alterative and diuretic.
- It contains Lauha Bhasma (Iron calcined) so it is also useful in treating anemia.
- It is beneficial in urinary troubles.
- It has aphrodisiac properties.
- It shows beneficial effects in bleeding disorders.
- Bleeding Disorders.
- Chronic Fever.
- Blood Loss.
- 125 – 250 mg in the morning and evening, before or after food or as directed by Ayurvedic doctor.
- It is given along with honey.